Ignite Funding provides homebuilders and developers with a reliable lending source throughout the western United States. The advantage of borrowing with Ignite Funding is our ability to rapidly process and fund a loan, unlike conventional lenders.
The following criteria should be considered by Borrowers before sending a funding request.
Types of Loans
At Ignite Funding, we offer the following loan types:
- Financing or refinancing of non-primary residential or income-producing commercial structures
- Acquisition or refinancing of undeveloped land
- Development and construction of residential or commercial projects
- Acquisition of distressed assets from regional banks, the FDIC, and other lenders
Ignite Funding generally lends within the following loan-to-value ratio ranges depending upon property type, location, and other relevant factors associated with the property.
- Land Acquisition | Up to 65% of the acquisition value of the land
- Development | Up to 70%
- Construction | Up to 75%
The per loan funding limits are $500,000 to $5 million.
Loan terms are generally between 6 to 12 months. Extensions may be offered subject to additional fees. Longer term loans are considered on the overall project viability and strength of the borrowing entity.
Initial Documentation Requirements
Ignite Funding prides itself in knowing and understanding the needs of a Borrower. We proactively request information not only to better serve our Borrowers, but also to provide our Investors with a detailed overview of the property and borrowing entity.
The following information is required for each loan to complete the initial underwriting process:
- Detailed description of the loan request
- Intended exit strategy
- Preliminary Title Report
- Purchase or option agreement for the property
- Documentation for borrowing entity (Articles of Incorporation, Operating Agreement, etc.)
- Appraisal or Broker Price Opinion of the project completed within the last 6 months
- General liability or hazard insurance
- Current Financial Statements and two most recent years tax returns for the Borrower and Guarantor(s)
- Phase I Environmental Report (if applicable)
- Design plans for the project (if applicable)
- Construction cost breakdown (if applicable)
Depending on the loan type, interest rates typically start at 8% annually.
Loan origination points vary depending on the project type and loan term from 2.0% to 6.0%.
A personal guarantor is required on most loans.